TOUCH UPS, If needed must be done within 3 months of getting the tattoo.
1) Leave the moisture barrier on for a few hours or overnight if you had the tattoo done late in the day, remove it then gently wash the tattoo with warm water and an unscented antibacterial soap, let air dry or lightly pat dry with a clean towel. DO NOT cover the tattoo again.
2) With clean hands apply a THIN film of fragrance free lotion, like Curel or Lubriderm. Keep the area moisturized a couple times daily but DO NOT over moisturize.
3) Wear loose clothing that won't rub on your tattoo or keep it smothered.
4) Stay out of the direct sunlight and tanning beds until tattoo is healed, at least 2 to 3 weeks.
5) Your tattoo is an open wound until healed, DO NOT soak the tattoo in tubs, saunas, jacuzzis, or go swimming until your new tattoo is healed, at least 2 weeks. Showering is fine!
6) DO NOT rub or pick at the treated area while it is healing. Loss of color and/or infection can occur.
7) Sun and exposure over the years WILL fade your tattoo. This can be minimized by using a sun screen, at least SPF25.
8) Your tattoo should heal in about 2-3 weeks. It is normal for your tattoo to peel like a sunburn during the healing process. Consult a physician if any signs or symptoms develop such as, but not limited to: Redness at sight of tattoo, green or yellowish discharge, foul smelling odor, and/or fever.
Should you have any problems or questions please call the shop at 907.376.8228